Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore missing files from iTunes? ;-;

I had around 10 files I added to iTunes that were on my phone and pc, somehow the files on my pc were deleted, but they were still on my phone, and since they were still on my phone, it wasn't a big deal for me. But then when I added 2 new files on my pc, I went to sync it to my phone, all the files previously on my phone (the ones deleted on my pc) got deleted... so I just wanna know if there's a way to retrieve back the files or something. :(

iPhone 11

Posted on May 5, 2020 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 12:10 AM

Sync:

iCloud Sync: Keep your Photos / data visible and available on all devices that you have access to. If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

iTunes Sync: PC/Mac : Keep the data between an iPhone and iTunes Library updated and available all the time. If you have synced your data with iTunes, then deleting your data on iTunes Library will delete the same on iPhone too, next time when you sync again.

There is no way of getting it back. Look for the file / data on your PC/Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 12:10 AM in response to LitRally

Sync:

iCloud Sync: Keep your Photos / data visible and available on all devices that you have access to. If you have synced your photos to iCloud, then deleting your photos on iPhone will delete them on your iCloud too.

iTunes Sync: PC/Mac : Keep the data between an iPhone and iTunes Library updated and available all the time. If you have synced your data with iTunes, then deleting your data on iTunes Library will delete the same on iPhone too, next time when you sync again.

There is no way of getting it back. Look for the file / data on your PC/Mac.

How do I restore missing files from iTunes? ;-;

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.