Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enable iCloud Drive not working in iOS 13.4.1

I have iOS 13.4.1 on an iPhone 8 and iPad.

On both trying to enable iCloud Drive from Apple ID -> iCloud ->iCloud drive just shows a tiny dialog box with the text compressed together, saying:

“Upgrade to iCloud Drive”

(unreadable text)

Cancel Upgrade

clicking on either button does nothing.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:32 PM

Hey there David_1657,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with the ‘Upgrade to iCloud Drive’ box on your iPad and iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

If you haven’t already, force close the Settings app and restart your iPhone and iPad:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Then try upgrading iCloud Drive once more.

If that doesn’t work, try upgrading from a computer. You can do this either with a Mac, PC, or at iCloud.com via a web browser. Take a look at this link for more info:

Set up iCloud Drive

If you don’t have access to a computer where you can do this, on just your iPhone only, back up and reinstall iOS using the steps from these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try enabling again and if it works, attempt from your iPad once more and see if the issue is resolved.

Regards.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 4:32 PM in response to David_1657

Hey there David_1657,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues with the ‘Upgrade to iCloud Drive’ box on your iPad and iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

If you haven’t already, force close the Settings app and restart your iPhone and iPad:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Restart your iPad

Then try upgrading iCloud Drive once more.

If that doesn’t work, try upgrading from a computer. You can do this either with a Mac, PC, or at iCloud.com via a web browser. Take a look at this link for more info:

Set up iCloud Drive

If you don’t have access to a computer where you can do this, on just your iPhone only, back up and reinstall iOS using the steps from these links:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try enabling again and if it works, attempt from your iPad once more and see if the issue is resolved.

Regards.

Jun 5, 2020 11:36 AM in response to David_1657

Hello David,

I had the same problem too but today the Apple support solved it.

There's only one way:

log on to Icloud.com, using your browser

Open e.g. "keynote"

Go through the initialization

When being asked to activate Icloud drive, do it

After a while, you should be able to simply activate it on your devices by using the switch in the Icloud menu

Regards,

Adrien

May 24, 2020 5:30 AM in response to chris_g1

Dear support-team,

I have the same problem on both my Iphone and my Ipad.

All above ideas did not work:

Forcing to close app & restarting does not work

Reinstalling IOS does not work

Setting up Icloud drive from a PC does not work (files in shared folder are not syncing although Icloud says "updated XX minutes ago")

This was tested for the latest IOS13.5 and the previous IOS version and for different PC versions.

Regards,

Adrien

Aug 30, 2020 10:51 AM in response to kaffeburk

Hello,

See my answers below.

1: I used my Computer and a Webbrowser to access the online version of icloud.com.

2: Indeed there is a online keynote option, at least in my online icloud. Did you really opened "https://www.icloud.com" ?

3: When you try to open e.g. keynotes over the online version of icloud the first time, you will see what I mean with "initialization". I can't remember how it was (too long ago), but there were some steps. The important one was the activation of icloud drive.

Good luck!

Sep 21, 2020 8:48 AM in response to arturomoncadatorres

Hi all,

maybe that Apple shows different online apps regarding from where you log in to Icloud or which browser you use.

But it seems that the important thing is that you start one of the online apps which then trigger the activation of the drive.

Sorry to not be able to give any more details, because I don't have any. For me, this solution worked straightforward but indeed if it looks different for you, than you might need to try around a bit.

Maybe also IOS14 solves the issue.

Enable iCloud Drive not working in iOS 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.