Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound in Apple TV+ Through HDMI

Hi!

as I do not own an Apple TV, but I want to watch the shows on Apple TV+ on my tv, I purchased a usb-c to Hdmi adapter for my iPad Pro so I can connect it to the tv.

The Hdmi adapter is working perfectly, and it even recognises when I am playing a movie, but unfortunately, when using the Apple tv+ app, there will be no sound coming out either from the tv or from the iPad.

Weirdly, this only happens with the Apple TV+ App, with Apple Music, Netflix, Youtube, Amazon Prime etc.... sound and image come out perfectly from the tv, therefore it can’t be a Hardware Problem.

I also checked if the app was on mute, but it wasn’t....

Has anybody here experienced the same problem? Or, has somebody been able to get sound from the Apple TV+ app through an HDMI?

Thanks a lot! :)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 6:37 AM

Unfortunately for you, the Apple TV+ service is not compatible with HDMI adapters.

The Apple TV app should be compatible with HDMI 1.4 adapters for iTunes Store content, I think, if the content is not HDR. You may need to adjust the preferences for SDR.

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 6:37 AM in response to VernonSullivan1

Unfortunately for you, the Apple TV+ service is not compatible with HDMI adapters.

The Apple TV app should be compatible with HDMI 1.4 adapters for iTunes Store content, I think, if the content is not HDR. You may need to adjust the preferences for SDR.

Devices you can use with the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ - Apple Support

No sound in Apple TV+ Through HDMI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.