Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain - all but 3 passwords have disappeared ... any idea how to restore them ?

Hi All. I have an issue where a duplicate email account appeared on my Mac mail icon ( but not on iPad or iPhone) and with IT support it was deleted, however on the same day, all but 3 of my keychain items ....even those attached to a completely different email address have somehow disappeared .... I have just got 3 left and 70 have vanished.

Ideas anyone ??

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 8:17 AM

Skyyacht wrote:

Hi All. I have an issue where a duplicate email account appeared on my Mac mail icon ( but not on iPad or iPhone) and with IT support it was deleted, however on the same day, all but 3 of my keychain items ....even those attached to a completely different email address have somehow disappeared .... I have just got 3 left and 70 have vanished.

Ideas anyone ??

Maybe your same "with IT support " can help you sort it out...

You can always restore from a backup prior to your "IT support" experience.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Sounds to me like you delete your old keychain or you added a new keychain

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 8:17 AM in response to Skyyacht

Skyyacht wrote:

Ideas anyone ??

Maybe your same "with IT support " can help you sort it out...

You can always restore from a backup prior to your "IT support" experience.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Sounds to me like you delete your old keychain or you added a new keychain

Keychain Access User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Keychain - all but 3 passwords have disappeared ... any idea how to restore them ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.