Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud drive not uploading large files

I'm trying to upload large video files to icloud drive. it tries to upload them for a while, and then errors out. what can i do?

Posted on May 6, 2020 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 11:28 AM

How large are the files? iCloud Drive has a size limit of 50GB (iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support)

And you should ensure, that the Energy Saver will not put your Mac to sleep, before the file has been uploaded.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 3, 2020 10:26 AM in response to afox81

Yes. I am trying to upload a 32 GB imovie library that has consumed too much space on my Mac, and it's been stuck at "zero" for days. I have nearly 1.2 TB of available iCloud space.

Apple seemingly just isn't interested in making things work these days - there has been absolutely no end to bugs in the Catalina era.

(And no, I'm not going to try to "compress" it before uploading it; that'd a) be an absurd workaround, b) isn't reasonable when the whole reason for trying to offload the huge file is that I've run out of space... something that, BTW, never happened on my prior Mac laptop, from the era before Apple refused to continue making laptops with magnetic storage... and Apple products "just worked".)

icloud drive not uploading large files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.