Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t upload a file bigger than 10GB to iCloud, why is this?

I am using iCloud for windows on my Windows 10 PC. I have the app running in the system tray the whole time but whenever I want to upload a bigger file to iCloud, such as a video file, I don’t use the windows folder, rather I go to iCloud.com and go to the iCloud Drive section and upload it directly from there.

I tried uploading a 17GB file (I have more than enough space) and I had a message in the website saying I cannot upload files over than 10GB. Not sure I had seen this before. Is there a way around this? Seems highly restrictive.

Would transferring the file to the windows folder where iClouddrive is and let the app sync by itself be a solution? Or does the 10gb limit also affect that?

Thanks for everything.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 3:24 PM

Hi there Kuhnesito,

We understand that you are trying to add a 17GB file to iCloud Drive using your PC. We’d like to help however we can. 

Since the limit to add files on the iCloud website is 10GB, we would recommend using iCloud for Windows to add this file to iCloud Drive since that will allow files up to 50GB in size. This has more information:

iCloud Drive FAQ

You can also learn how to use iCloud Drive with iCloud for Windows here:

Work with files and folders in iCloud for Windows

We hope that helps! Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2021 3:24 PM in response to Kuhnesito

Hi there Kuhnesito,

We understand that you are trying to add a 17GB file to iCloud Drive using your PC. We’d like to help however we can. 

Since the limit to add files on the iCloud website is 10GB, we would recommend using iCloud for Windows to add this file to iCloud Drive since that will allow files up to 50GB in size. This has more information:

iCloud Drive FAQ

You can also learn how to use iCloud Drive with iCloud for Windows here:

Work with files and folders in iCloud for Windows

We hope that helps! Cheers.

Apr 2, 2021 11:39 PM in response to Ben_Z1

Thank you. Interestingly enough I did try this before but it also stopped uploading midway. I figured the same 10gb limit applied if done through the iCloud folder directly. When I read your post I decided to give it another try and left it uploading overnight. The file was uploaded when I checked again, so thank you very much.

I can’t upload a file bigger than 10GB to iCloud, why is this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.