Limits of file size that can be uploaded to iCloud with a 2TB storage plan.

I would like to upload a 156MB mp4 file to iCloud; I get a

"..... your file must be smaller than 100MB."

Scouring the web I see conflicting info ranging from 50MB to 200MB file sizes that can be uploaded to iCloud.

What is the actual maximum file size that can be uploaded and if there is a specific procedure for uploading large files?

BTW - as a new user, is there a notification to the email or phone on file with Apple when there is a response to the posts?

Windows

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 1:17 PM

Apple does not offer specific information about file size limits, so one can assume that if its saying it must be less than 100MB, that's what it should be.

For very large files, there are other services such as WeTransfer, though those generally have a cost for very large files.

Yes, you should receive an email stating new activity in your thread.

You can manage your emails from this forum in your Profile page by clicking your profile icon at the top right of every page of the forum when logged in, and then on Preference in the menu it opens. From there scroll down to the "Messages from Apple" section to manage what emails you receive from the forum.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2023 1:17 PM in response to SVL-MRJ

Apple does not offer specific information about file size limits, so one can assume that if its saying it must be less than 100MB, that's what it should be.

For very large files, there are other services such as WeTransfer, though those generally have a cost for very large files.

Yes, you should receive an email stating new activity in your thread.

You can manage your emails from this forum in your Profile page by clicking your profile icon at the top right of every page of the forum when logged in, and then on Preference in the menu it opens. From there scroll down to the "Messages from Apple" section to manage what emails you receive from the forum.

Limits of file size that can be uploaded to iCloud with a 2TB storage plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.