Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage restrictions on iCloud +

I currently upgraded my iCloud storage to 2T. Yesterday while creating albums and uploading images/videos, I received a message stating my videos that were above 100MB would not be stored. Is there a different area where I can store this files in iCloud. For example, can I store them in iPhoto within a a folder rather than an album? Or can I store files larger than 100MB in my iCloud Drive?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2021 11:35 AM

See: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

"You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbox, .vm, and .pvm files in iCloud Drive."

The limit used to be even smaller, but has been increased to 50GB.

The file type could also be a problem, see the footnote about folders, libraries, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2021 11:35 AM in response to jasonrehnlund

See: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

"You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Learn more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbox, .vm, and .pvm files in iCloud Drive."

The limit used to be even smaller, but has been increased to 50GB.

The file type could also be a problem, see the footnote about folders, libraries, etc.

Storage restrictions on iCloud +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.