Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time - Share Across Devices unexpected behaviour with family

So, I'm a creator of the family, which contain adults only.

I wanted to see both my computer and iPhone Screen Time statistics, so I went to the Screen Time settings and turned on Share Across Devices checkbox without turning on Screen Time for family sharing.

Expected behaviour:

• My iPhone shows me data from all my devices;
  • My data isn't visible to family members, and their data isn't visible to me;
  • I don't have any Screen Time restrictions, so that should be as it is.

But what I faced is the next:

• ✅ My iPhone shows me data from all my devices
  • ✅ My data isn't visible to family members, and their data isn't visible to me;
  • ❌ I've had no restrictions, but one of family members has it's Screen Time password set up as well as downtime. Both his restrictions(downtime, apps, etc) and his Screen Time password are now applied to me, so I can't use my computer as well as my iPhone until I get password from this family member. Force changing the password isn't the option as it may affect my family member as it's his password

I'm confused a lot that sharing screen time across my devices results in my devices being locked up by rules of another family member.

Any help?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 5:26 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 6, 2020 11:52 PM in response to Axel Foley

I’m not.

Here’s my family setup:

To reproduce, you need to be an Organizer and shouldn’t have any password/downtime settings. Share across devices option should be turned off.

Then, one of your adults that isn’t marked as Parent/Guardian, should set himself a password and downtime restrictions as on screenshot:

Under downtime, device lock option shouldn’t be checked.

Then, on your own account you should turn on “Share across devices” and voila — your phone is locked because of family member settings.

May 6, 2020 6:13 PM in response to spanasiuk

You have confirmed that all members of the family sharing are set up as adults. So that rules out control of Screen Time restrictions on an iPhone assigned to a child.

The only other way that I can duplicate the behavior that you are experiencing is if I share my Apple ID across more than 1 device. Are you sharing your Apple ID with this family member whose screen time restrictions are affecting you?

Axel F.

Screen Time - Share Across Devices unexpected behaviour with family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.