Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wallet won’t verify card. Keeps asking to verify

I was trying to add cards to Apple wallet on my new SE 2020 but one card keeps stating verification required. I have used that same card on all my old iPhones and my other card transferred fine (no verification even needed). I called my bank for the second card and they verified. I tried adding the card but it didn’t work 2nd time I called the bank again and they said it was verified at 2:30. I researched questions here and followed these instructions to no avail: Go to: Settings > iCloud - at the bottom of the screen, Sign out.

• Go to: Settings > Touch ID & Passcode - Turn Passcode off.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Sign back in to iCloud, turn Passcode back on and try again to add your card.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 6, 2020 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 7:28 AM

1. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  2. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct. If it is correct, you may need to select the same region again. (Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support)
  3. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  4. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  5. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  6. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 7:28 AM in response to Baaarb

1. Sometimes if you sign out of your Apple ID and back in it resolves the problem.
  2. Check your Apple ID region to make sure it is correct. If it is correct, you may need to select the same region again. (Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support)
  3. Check the region on your device to ensure it is correct (Settings>general>language & region - set to your region)
  4. A passcode is required to use the Wallet app. 
  5. You need to be in a region that supports Apple Pay - Countries and regions that support Apple Pay - Apple Support
  6. Your bank needs to support Apple Pay - Apple Pay participating banks - Apple Support
  7. If none of these suggestions are able to resolve your issue you can go here for further assistance - If you can't add cards to Wallet for Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple wallet won’t verify card. Keeps asking to verify

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.