Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gift card is not valid

I got an apple gift card today at Walgreens today and I have the receipt that I paid for it. When trying to redeem the card I got and error that the code was not valid. I got with apple and they told me the card was voided because the card inside the packaging did not match the numbers on the package and I needed to get with the store were I bought it. I got with Walgreens and they asked me if I was the one who open the card. I informed them that I did and there was no signs of problems with the packaging. That told me to get with apple. After speaking with apple two times they pushed me back to Walgreens. The end result is apple will not help and now I am out of 25.00. If there is anyone who could help that would be great.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:09 AM

Yes! I just had this issue twice with 2 $100 apple giftcards. This is Apples fault and I spoke with a supervisor who made me send him pictures and he escalated it. He said he has had this issue come up about 4 times in the last two days. Call back and demand a supervisor. I have a schedule call today for him to let me know if I got approved for the money to be uploaded to my Apple ID.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 6:09 AM in response to Mskaggs2001

Yes! I just had this issue twice with 2 $100 apple giftcards. This is Apples fault and I spoke with a supervisor who made me send him pictures and he escalated it. He said he has had this issue come up about 4 times in the last two days. Call back and demand a supervisor. I have a schedule call today for him to let me know if I got approved for the money to be uploaded to my Apple ID.

Dec 27, 2022 4:56 AM in response to aracely42

Of course I contacted the Apple Support team and explained the issue. It took a few calls because the first time they told me it was the retailers issue which it is not. I asked to speak with a supervisor and told them the serial number on the outside envelope does not match the serial number on the inside sleeve. I had to upload pictures along with my activation receipt. It took about 24 hours and the advisor called me back with new redemption codes to try and they worked. This seems to be a big issue with Apple right now. I would just keep complaining and asking to speak with a supervision to get it fixed. This is unacceptable to give people the runaround when this is their fault.

Gift card is not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.