Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

kindle app issues

I'm in the middle of a book on my Kindle app and cannot figure out how to get out of the book and back to the library screen to see what else I have there. I’ve tried tapping the top of the page I’m reading but nothing happens. I shut down and rebooted my iPad Air (with the latest update), but again nothing happened. Am I missing something basic?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 7:29 PM

I'm looking at mine right now. If you tap on the page, it should bring the menus up across the top of the page area. From there, you should be able to tap on the V icon that is to the far left of the menu, and that should close the book. If you cannot see that, then there is a series of 3 lines to the left of the magnifying glass (search). If you tap on the lines (menu), Close book should be the first choice.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2020 7:29 PM in response to Steinway88

I'm looking at mine right now. If you tap on the page, it should bring the menus up across the top of the page area. From there, you should be able to tap on the V icon that is to the far left of the menu, and that should close the book. If you cannot see that, then there is a series of 3 lines to the left of the magnifying glass (search). If you tap on the lines (menu), Close book should be the first choice.

kindle app issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.