Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini

How will I install Kindle App in to my iPad mini? I was reading till now and by mistake deleted as I wanted to use another mail ID. Now unable to reinstall as it says now not compatible with the current iOS version

iPad mini

Posted on May 7, 2020 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 2:32 AM

You have an old iPad mini which means you won't be able to download it.

The kindle app requires iOS 12.0 or later.

If you have an iPad mini first gen then the highest iOS version you can get is iOS 9.3.6

Thanks

2 replies

May 7, 2020 2:41 AM in response to Renuka_R

Your very old first generation iPad mini can be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only models) or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models). It cannot be updated to iOS10 or any later major version as its internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for update to newer versions. Apple ended update support for the original iPad mini in September 2016.

Apps that remain compatible with older iPad models, such as yours, are increasingly difficult to find. Third-party developers are systematically dropping App support for older versions of iOS preceding iOS11/12. Withdrawal of support for older versions of iOS is making the utility and usefulness of older iPad models increasingly limited.

As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or (re)install them. It is for this reason that having deleted on older App you are now unable to re-install it.

As such, if you want or need to access most current Apps, you’ll need to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer or current model.

Sorry - I’m sure this isn’t the news that you were hoping to hear. The good news, however, is that any purchased Kindle Book titles are still available to you from your Kindle account. These can be downloaded again to any of the current Kindle readers or Apps.

I hope this is helpful to you, of only in explaining what has happened - and in outlining your options.

iPad Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.