Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CarPlay quit working after 13.4.1 update

CarPlay was working on my iPhone Xr as of two days ago 5/5. I updated my phone one on 5/6 to iOS 13.4.1, and today 5/7 I plugged the phone into my car via usb cable and I have issues. CarPlay shows up but when I try to do anything, CarPlay stops working and is disconnected.

I tried a new cable and same result.

Has anyone run into this issue after a iOS update?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 7, 2020 5:33 AM

15 replies

May 7, 2020 6:04 AM in response to zgdaf

No issue as far as I am concerned.

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 12.4.6, iPhone SE iOS 13.4.1, iPhone 8 iOS 13.4.1 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 13.4.1. Prior to that I had iPhone 3GS which is not working any more.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS is released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update because I have never downloaded anything over internet directly. Always used apps from App Store only.

May 11, 2020 4:55 AM in response to Bigwill74

I have this same issue, when I plug in the cable to my 2020 Mazda CX-9 it instantly takes over the audio system and the music from my car is no longer coming from the driver's speaker. This only used to happen when I was receiving audio alerts from apps like Waze but now it is permanent and changing the volume through my car's audio system changes the CarPlay prompt volume, not the audio volume.

May 18, 2020 4:48 AM in response to lenny121

I received the following response from Waze after I notice that it only happens when I open the Waze app when connected to CarPlay:

Thanks for contacting us about having audio issues when connected to CarPlay. We apologize that you are experiencing this issue, please know that we are constantly working to improve Waze with bug fixes and new features. With that in mind, we’re happy to say that a fix for the issue you are experiencing will be implemented in a future version. Additionally, to know more about CarPlay, please read this article. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

CarPlay quit working after 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.