Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handicapped accessibility

I have a patient who is completely blind and has limited fine motor control in his hands. His wife bought him an Apple Watch hoping he could use it to make phone calls and text.

1. Is there a feature on the watch that could read who the incoming call is from before he answers it?

2. Can he press the button on the side instead of having to touch the screen to answer? Or possible voice command to answer phone calls?

so far from my research I can turn on voice over & Siri to assist with outgoing calls. However I cannot get the watch to announce the incoming caller or answer the call with voice command or touching the button on the side.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on May 7, 2020 6:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 8:52 PM

I have no idea if you'll able to do everything you want to do, but Apple Watch does have many acessabilty settings that can be enabled- including ones for those who are visually impaired or have limited motor capabilities. I'll link it here so you can find the information you need: https://www.apple.com/accessibility/watch/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 8:52 PM in response to Kristen__

I have no idea if you'll able to do everything you want to do, but Apple Watch does have many acessabilty settings that can be enabled- including ones for those who are visually impaired or have limited motor capabilities. I'll link it here so you can find the information you need: https://www.apple.com/accessibility/watch/

May 7, 2020 7:19 PM in response to Kristen__

I don't see anywhere that announces calls on the Apple Watch. I just don't think there is that much accommodation built into the Apple Watch. There are some Touch accommodations, but It would wipe my Watch if I was to test them. If you go to the Apple Watch app, Accessibility, Touch Accommodations. Tap on that, and then you can try turning on Touch Accommodations and see what you can control from there. I'm not aware of anything else.

Handicapped accessibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.