Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi won’t work while on a phone call

My WiFi does not work while on a phone call. It works fine when I’m not on the phone but when I am, it does not work. How do I fix this?!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 7, 2020 9:53 PM

9 replies

May 13, 2020 3:12 PM in response to Alexxxiiisss

If wi-fi assist is turned on, it would make me believe that your wi-fi is not operating correctly, and the device is trying to use cellular for data, and your provider does not support that. If you are not in a phone call and try to use your iPhone to go to a website in Safari while connected to wi-fi, can you do it? If you were to go into Settings and turn off cellular data and try to connect to a different website, can you do that? If you cannot access the internet while on wi-fi only, then there is an issue with your wi-fi.

May 13, 2020 6:35 PM in response to Alexxxiiisss

Have you tried using wi-fi without Wi-Fi assist being turned on? The only other thing I can recommend that you do is to restore the device to factory and set it up as new and see if it works. I am not aware of any reason for wi-fi to not work when you are on the phone. If you want, contact Apple Support before restoring the phone and see what they have to say.

WiFi won’t work while on a phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.