Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair Help

Hello Guys, I hope you all are doing well amidst the COVID-19 crisis. I recently found out that my MacBook had been affected by stain-gate (the issue for 2012-2015 MacBook Pro where the anti-reflective coating wears off instead of staying on), so I contacted Apple support and let then know that I had this issue and they set me up with a free repair as a one time exception (Shoutout to Apple support). So I went and dropped off my MacBook Pro to SimplyMac (Apple's premium authorised service provider) on May 4. It's been three days and I communicated SimplyMac today and found out that they are still waiting for shipment from Apple for the specific part they need for replacing the screen. I just want to ask you guys do u have any idea for the frame of time the part could be shipped to SimplyMac so that I can get my MacBook Pro repaired? P.S. I have AP testing coming up and I need it by May 11 and Im really worried. Thanks for answering this question and hope you remain healthy :) and also the question is highlighted and italicized in case you want to skip the story.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 11:49 PM

theflashfan Said:

"Repair Help: [...]found out that they are still waiting for shipment from Apple for the specific part they need for replacing the screen. I just want to ask you guys do u have any idea for the frame of time the part could be shipped to SimplyMac so that I can get my MacBook Pro repaired?[...]"

--------

Why Support is Taking a Bit:

Well, that is going to depend on the availability of the screen you need, along with what their engineers come up with.

Note that with the Coronavirus Pandemic out and about, support service is limited. And that would make sense for it to take take a bit longer (Ideally, many are at home, and with more time on their hands to use devices, then more errors will come about).

So, just wait a few, and you should get it back. :)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2020 11:49 PM in response to theflashfan

theflashfan Said:

"Repair Help: [...]found out that they are still waiting for shipment from Apple for the specific part they need for replacing the screen. I just want to ask you guys do u have any idea for the frame of time the part could be shipped to SimplyMac so that I can get my MacBook Pro repaired?[...]"

--------

Why Support is Taking a Bit:

Well, that is going to depend on the availability of the screen you need, along with what their engineers come up with.

Note that with the Coronavirus Pandemic out and about, support service is limited. And that would make sense for it to take take a bit longer (Ideally, many are at home, and with more time on their hands to use devices, then more errors will come about).

So, just wait a few, and you should get it back. :)

Repair Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.