Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail rules not working

Hello, I have set up quite a few rules that have just stopped working. When I went to investigate I noticed that there were quite a few that had disappeared. I have been using rules in my mail for MANY years, so it is not that I do not know how to set them up. It appears that this happened after I upgraded to Catalina a few months ago. I just cannot figure out how to get them to work.

I have created new rules (mostly to move messages to a folder and out of my inbox) and it does not Apply rules to current messages to inbox or when they arrive.

Any insight or help would be great.

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 8, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 6:49 AM

StingRae2020 wrote:

Hello, I have set up quite a few rules that have just stopped working. When I went to investigate I noticed that there were quite a few that had disappeared. I have been using rules in my mail for MANY years, so it is not that I do not know how to set them up. It appears that this happened after I upgraded to Catalina a few months ago. I just cannot figure out how to get them to work.

I have created new rules (mostly to move messages to a folder and out of my inbox) and it does not Apply rules to current messages to inbox or when they arrive.

Change Add Rule settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Filter emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac ...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 6:49 AM in response to StingRae2020

StingRae2020 wrote:

Change Add Rule settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Filter emails in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac ...

Mac Mail rules not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.