Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Albums not showing up on itouch.

Certain ripped albums do not show up on itouch. When the itouch is connected to the imac, it does show the missing albums on itunes. Once I disconnect from the imac, the albums are again missing on the itouch. Made sure the correct info and the artist name matches, made sure compilation box is not checked, tried everything suggested so far, but nothing works.

iPod, iOS 9

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 12:22 PM

Read again, I've already made it very clear. I figured it out, in case anyone else has the same issue.

1. itouch does NOT show X album from X band, it shows OTHER albums from same band.
  2. Once itouch is CONNECTED to imac, it DOES show missing album on the itouch.
  3. Once disconnected from IMAC, it goes back to not showing missing album.
  4. I've capitalized the important things because it seems people have a very difficult time paying attention to what they read, see the first reply.
  5. This is how I fixed it, I deleted the MISSING albums from ITUNES (not the itouch because the itouch NEVER showed it unless it was connected to imac and itunes) then selected to MANUALLY SYNC music. I then ripped the missing albums AGAIN and then was able to MANUALLY move them to the itouch. Now everything shows up like it should have in the first place.
  6. Support will give FALSE information and advice saying it has to do with updates or older models not using same os as itunes. This is simply a lie, the itouch in question was an older 5th generation with older OS (OS as high as the WONDERFUL apple people provided because they feel older models should be thrown away) and a newer 6th generation itouch did the exact same thing. OS and updates have NOTHING to do with it. Just delete the albums and rip them again and MANUALLY move them to your itouch or phone.
  7. Since I'm doing apple's work, maybe they should have the common decency of at least giving me a coupon for a free song after they wasted almost 2 hrs of my time yesterday with lies and bad advice that didn't fix anything.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2020 12:22 PM in response to QuickPost

Read again, I've already made it very clear. I figured it out, in case anyone else has the same issue.

1. itouch does NOT show X album from X band, it shows OTHER albums from same band.
  2. Once itouch is CONNECTED to imac, it DOES show missing album on the itouch.
  3. Once disconnected from IMAC, it goes back to not showing missing album.
  4. I've capitalized the important things because it seems people have a very difficult time paying attention to what they read, see the first reply.
  5. This is how I fixed it, I deleted the MISSING albums from ITUNES (not the itouch because the itouch NEVER showed it unless it was connected to imac and itunes) then selected to MANUALLY SYNC music. I then ripped the missing albums AGAIN and then was able to MANUALLY move them to the itouch. Now everything shows up like it should have in the first place.
  6. Support will give FALSE information and advice saying it has to do with updates or older models not using same os as itunes. This is simply a lie, the itouch in question was an older 5th generation with older OS (OS as high as the WONDERFUL apple people provided because they feel older models should be thrown away) and a newer 6th generation itouch did the exact same thing. OS and updates have NOTHING to do with it. Just delete the albums and rip them again and MANUALLY move them to your itouch or phone.
  7. Since I'm doing apple's work, maybe they should have the common decency of at least giving me a coupon for a free song after they wasted almost 2 hrs of my time yesterday with lies and bad advice that didn't fix anything.

Albums not showing up on itouch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.