Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frozen window excel on macbook pro

My Excel crashed and I cannot forcefully quit it. It just stays there frozen for 2 days already and I cannot restart my computer. However, it still works for anything else except for that frozen excel window (as in the picture). Can anyone help me out? I don't know what to do to it.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2020 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 3:47 PM

Hello Theodora_C,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to force quit Excel or restart your MacBook Pro. Try to quit the process as described in the article below using Activity Monitor:

Quit an app or process in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Theodora_C

Hello Theodora_C,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you are unable to force quit Excel or restart your MacBook Pro. Try to quit the process as described in the article below using Activity Monitor:

Quit an app or process in Activity Monitor on Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

May 9, 2020 9:25 AM in response to Theodora_C

Theodora_C wrote:

My Excel crashed and I cannot forcefully quit it. It just stays there frozen for 2 days already and I cannot restart my computer. However, it still works for anything else except for that frozen excel window (as in the picture). Can anyone help me out? I don't know what to do to it.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/eb550d55-285d-41f5-a75f-9b15b49c939d

You can always force quit the Mac by holding the power button/TouchID for ~6-10 sec.

How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support

If all else fails resetting the SMC wil also force a shut down.

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Either circumstance reboot as normal.

Frozen window excel on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.