Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem connecting COMCAST email with iphone so I can access emails again

Today, I changed my COMCAST email password and now I cannot receive COMCAST emails on the iphone at all. Can two-factor authentication on COMCAST email be causing the problem?

COMCAST cannot fix it from their end.

Thanks for any help.

Elizabeth

Posted on May 8, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 1:40 PM

Just go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts and delete the Comcast email, then reenter it again using the new password you created. If that doesn't work, you need to get higher level tech support from Comcast as Apple has nothing to do with your Comcast account.

4 replies

May 8, 2020 5:01 PM in response to ElizabethMcD

ElizabethMcD wrote:

You solved my problem so quickly! This problem happens every time I change my COMCAST password. I wasted two hours today and lots of frustration with three techs at COMCAST who could not solve it. You solved it in a minute. Thanks so much for your advice. I am not able to access COMCAST mail on my phone. YIPPEE.

That has been my experience as well. If you log into their user support forums, someone there might be able to offer help. But in my experience, their official support has been pretty useless when it comes to email issues.

IMO, you made the best choice by looking in ASC for help.

problem connecting COMCAST email with iphone so I can access emails again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.