Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X suddenly charging extremely slow

As of this morning, my Iphone X has begun to charge extremely slow (and won't charge past 5%). Initially I thought this was due to my charger, so I changed my charging cable, block, and power source multiple times to no avail. A quick google search revealed that my charging port may be filled with "gunk", so after a quick cleaning I tried charging again, once again seeing no results.

Some additional info:

• Battery in settings puts my battery capacity at around 87%
  • Itunes still recognizes my Iphone so I don't think that there is a broken pin in the port
  • I am unable to hard reset the phone because every time I shut it off it shows the "no battery" icon instead of resetting with the Apple icon
  • I have had no problems like this before with this phone
  • I recently had the screen repaired (two weeks ago) but there have been no charging problems until today

Any ideas on what the problem/fix could be?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 8, 2020 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2020 8:08 PM

See if the following article can help: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support

3 replies

Iphone X suddenly charging extremely slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.