Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Bluetooth Connection Is Weak

I just bought AirPods. I put them in my back pocket and they stop working but when i pair them with my MacBook they work even if i am much more far away.

Shortly i cant use my airpods if im even 1 meter away from my phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 9, 2020 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 7:46 AM

You can try to restore the phone and see if that helps. What you're describing is symptomatic of a hardware issue. If after doing this, the Bluetooth radio is not working correctly (Apple AirPods should stay connected for long distances from your phone), then you'll need to have the phone looked at by Apple to determine if there is a hardware issue.

See this link on how to restore your iPhone --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 7:46 AM in response to melisabora

You can try to restore the phone and see if that helps. What you're describing is symptomatic of a hardware issue. If after doing this, the Bluetooth radio is not working correctly (Apple AirPods should stay connected for long distances from your phone), then you'll need to have the phone looked at by Apple to determine if there is a hardware issue.

See this link on how to restore your iPhone --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPhone 6 Bluetooth Connection Is Weak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.