My AirPods stopped connecting with Bluetooth

All of a sudden, my AirPods will not connect via Bluetooth to my phone or anyone’s phone

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 11:48 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your AirPods. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check AirPods battery: Ensure that your AirPods have sufficient battery power. If the battery is low, charge them using the charging case.

2. Restart your AirPods: Place the AirPods in the charging case, close the lid, and wait for a few seconds. Then open the lid and try reconnecting them to your phone.

3. Check Bluetooth settings: On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Then, forget the AirPods from the list of paired devices and try reconnecting them.

4. Restart your phone: Sometimes, restarting your phone can help resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your phone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

5. Reset AirPods: If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting your AirPods. To do this, place them in the charging case, keep the lid open, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light starts flashing white. Release the button and try pairing them again.

6. Update software: Ensure that your AirPods, as well as your phone, have the latest software updates installed. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues. Check for updates on both devices and install any available updates.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2023 11:48 AM in response to Olivepuppy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your AirPods. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check AirPods battery: Ensure that your AirPods have sufficient battery power. If the battery is low, charge them using the charging case.

2. Restart your AirPods: Place the AirPods in the charging case, close the lid, and wait for a few seconds. Then open the lid and try reconnecting them to your phone.

3. Check Bluetooth settings: On your phone, go to the Bluetooth settings and make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Then, forget the AirPods from the list of paired devices and try reconnecting them.

4. Restart your phone: Sometimes, restarting your phone can help resolve connectivity issues. Turn off your phone, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.

5. Reset AirPods: If the above steps don't work, you can try resetting your AirPods. To do this, place them in the charging case, keep the lid open, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the LED light starts flashing white. Release the button and try pairing them again.

6. Update software: Ensure that your AirPods, as well as your phone, have the latest software updates installed. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues. Check for updates on both devices and install any available updates.

My AirPods stopped connecting with Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.