AirPods won’t connect

My AirPods suddenly won’t connect to (any) phone. Bluetooth is on, I tried pairing many times on different devices. Any steps I google how to fix it, nothing works.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 5:49 PM

Hi mrsacos

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "AirPods won’t connect"

Seems you are using iOS 13 on your iPhone 8 Plus. You may need to update your iPhone's iOS version to the latest compatible iOS version, so that the firmware on your Airpods can also update automatically to the latest version:

Eg: About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 is the newest iOS version.

More details: (Tip: leave AirPods connected to power overnight with iPhone using iOS 16 or later close by.)

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Else: More trouble-shooting:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

and

What to do: If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

More support if needed:

AirPods Support Website:

Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your AirPods....

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 5:49 PM in response to mrsacos

Hi mrsacos

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "AirPods won’t connect"

Seems you are using iOS 13 on your iPhone 8 Plus. You may need to update your iPhone's iOS version to the latest compatible iOS version, so that the firmware on your Airpods can also update automatically to the latest version:

Eg: About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.6 is the newest iOS version.

More details: (Tip: leave AirPods connected to power overnight with iPhone using iOS 16 or later close by.)

About firmware updates for AirPods - Apple Support

Else: More trouble-shooting:

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

and

What to do: If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support

More support if needed:

AirPods Support Website:

Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your AirPods....

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

AirPods won’t connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.