Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad not showing caller name on received phone calls

Hi

I have a 10.5 iPad pro and recently bought the new iPhone SE. I enabled “Allow Calls on Other Devices” on the iPhone and every time someone calls me (regular phone calls) I can just pick the call on the iPad (I also can initiate a phone call on the iPad).

I have just one big problem: when I receive a phone call, the iPad only shows the phone number instead of the caller name.

I have all my contacts on the iPad “Contacts” app, they sync just fine with my google account. Both devices are running the latest version of iOS and iPadOS.

Thanks in advance for any tip on solving this issue.

FredericoB

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 9:38 AM

Hello,

just a quick update. After noticing that a few contact names were shown when I received a phone call, I finally was able to identify what was causing the issue.

When I receive a call in the iPhone, Facetime on the iPad only shows the contact name if that contact phone number has the country code.

Adding the country code to all the contacts is the only way to avoid this bug.

I hope that someone can report this bug to Apple.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2020 9:38 AM in response to AstonFox

Hello,

just a quick update. After noticing that a few contact names were shown when I received a phone call, I finally was able to identify what was causing the issue.

When I receive a call in the iPhone, Facetime on the iPad only shows the contact name if that contact phone number has the country code.

Adding the country code to all the contacts is the only way to avoid this bug.

I hope that someone can report this bug to Apple.

May 9, 2020 2:26 PM in response to QuickPost

Hello,

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn’t solve the problem.

I migrated all the contacts to iCloud and then removed the Google contacts from both devices. Then, after rebooting both of them I made a test and the issue persists.

I’ve googled around and I couldn’t find anyone else with this problem, it’s really odd.

iPad not showing caller name on received phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.