Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Recent call history showing two names or numbers

Hi everyone. Anyone else having this issue. Started when I updated to ios16. Every time I make a call to one person or receive a call, it comes up with two contact names or even random phone numbers. These are not double up contacts either.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Sep 21, 2022 11:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 12:17 PM

once I updated my phone to the 16 I started to have problems. When I call out one person it calls two people done on FaceTime. Also my call log reads I made two phone calls when I only made one and other is random. This is not a good reason to spend a lot of money on a phone that only gives you issues that can’t be resolved. I heard Tesla is coming out with a new phone and just might take most of apple’s customers.

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2023 12:17 PM in response to Honda450racing

once I updated my phone to the 16 I started to have problems. When I call out one person it calls two people done on FaceTime. Also my call log reads I made two phone calls when I only made one and other is random. This is not a good reason to spend a lot of money on a phone that only gives you issues that can’t be resolved. I heard Tesla is coming out with a new phone and just might take most of apple’s customers.

Sep 23, 2022 1:47 PM in response to Honda450racing

Hi! I just had a call with Apple support for this issue. Two things needed to be done:

1. clear out the recent call list by clicking ‘Edit’ (right top corner) then ‘Clear All.’
  2. Apply the 16.0.2 update to iOS16.

This seems to have resolved this weird problem, but of course, I haven’t a clue as to for how long. Fingers crossed! 🤞🏾

Hope this helps.

Best,

K

Apr 12, 2023 6:28 AM in response to shafi230

shafi230 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4d74ff53-7a16-420f-801d-6334b08df641
how can solve this problem that everything on iPhone is twice names???? Pls

Your problem is completely different than the subject of this thread. Based on that picture, you have something enabled in Settings>Accessibility, though I don' know specifically what. You'll need to poke through the settings there.

Jun 5, 2023 7:11 AM in response to shiwangi80

shiwangi80 wrote:

I had the same issue. You must have saved the same contact twice. For me, i had the icloud and gmail contacts sync on at the same time which caused the duplication of the same contact. Disabling one of them solved the issue. Hope this helps 😊

Nope, that's not the reason. It was a bug that has since been resolved. The numbers were unrelated and not always even in Contacts.

I've had iCloud, Gmail and generally a work account syncing contacts to my phone for, well, forever and never had this problem before or since. The iPhone is very good at linking contacts.

Recent call history showing two names or numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.