Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving a podcast in apple podcasts

How can you move a podcast in Apple Podcast from a personal account to a business account?

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:45 AM

I don't see any way you can move the podcast along with its ratings and reviews. Apart from that you would need to djuplicate the feed, resubmit it under the new Apple ID (you would probably need to give it a slightly different name - you could change it back later), then set up redirection from the old feed to the new feed. For details on that please see http://wilmut.uk/move

You would need to leave the old feed in place for a couple of weeks to make sure all your subscribers got transferred (they wouldn't even notice). Then you could delete that versioin of the podcast by going to Podcasts Connect, signing in with the Old ID, selecting the podcast, and clicking the 'delete feed' link.

This process would produce a new iTunes Store page: subscribers would automatically be subscribed to the new version without noticing as long as they updated within the two week); but as I say ratings and reviews wouldn't carry over.

You may want to think whether you can live with not doing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2020 9:45 AM in response to Podcastingquestions

I don't see any way you can move the podcast along with its ratings and reviews. Apart from that you would need to djuplicate the feed, resubmit it under the new Apple ID (you would probably need to give it a slightly different name - you could change it back later), then set up redirection from the old feed to the new feed. For details on that please see http://wilmut.uk/move

You would need to leave the old feed in place for a couple of weeks to make sure all your subscribers got transferred (they wouldn't even notice). Then you could delete that versioin of the podcast by going to Podcasts Connect, signing in with the Old ID, selecting the podcast, and clicking the 'delete feed' link.

This process would produce a new iTunes Store page: subscribers would automatically be subscribed to the new version without noticing as long as they updated within the two week); but as I say ratings and reviews wouldn't carry over.

You may want to think whether you can live with not doing it.

Moving a podcast in apple podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.