Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still Cannot Open Notifications or Control Panel on Apple Watch

Whenever I see the red dot on my Apple Watch Series 5, I'm often unable to swipe down to open the notifications panel. I'm also unable to swipe up to open the Control Panel when this happens.

The only thing that clears it up is to restart the watch, but, I shouldn't have to do this several times every single day to see notifications on the watch. I was hoping the last update would have addressed this, but as usual Apple has done nothing to fix this problem even though many people have reported it here.

I'm losing faith in Apple products, they used to work well and be easy to set up and use, but not any more.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 9, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2020 2:19 PM

Here's something you can try. Try holding on the top or bottom of the screen until you feel a little tap on your wrist and a preview of your Notification Center/Control Center comes up, then pull up or down.

Similar questions

3 replies

Still Cannot Open Notifications or Control Panel on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.