Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch: Swipe down for notifications/swipe up for control center not responding...

This is my first Apple Watch (Series 6 on WatchOS 7.0.0 & 7.0.1), so it may be user error, but a good number of times I've run into a situation where Watch will not allow me to access notifications or control center by swiping up or down as appropriate. All other functions seem to work normally, I can tap the various complications, and they all work. Pressing the crown works normally, as does the side button. Restarting the watch seems to fix the issue, but restarting multiple times a day should not be necessary. As mentioned above this has persisted through 7.0.0 and 7.0.1.

Posted on Sep 25, 2020 10:33 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Sep 27, 2020 2:18 PM in response to Jasper994

I've seen this behavior too, on my series 3 42mm watch.

Swipe up/down wasn't working, swipe left/right was changing faces.

Then after about 10 tries, swipe up/down started working again. Maybe it started working when I swiped starting from completely off screen, but I can't be sure that wasn't just a coincidence with the watch deciding it wanted to work again.

Apple Watch: Swipe down for notifications/swipe up for control center not responding...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.