Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get Apple Photos margins right when printing?

I'm printing from Photos to a Canon Pro Pixma 100. When I print on US Letter sized paper (on any size for that matter), the margins do not come out even. One size is longer than another.

Is there a way to get more control over the margins when printing on Photos?

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 9, 2020 12:58 PM

5 replies

May 9, 2020 2:01 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for the response. I appreciate your feedback. Yes, I mean borders in the sense of how much white space is around the photo. I seek for the white space to be such that the photo is "centered" on the paper.

1. I have cropped the photo to the aspect ration of 8.5 x 11
  2. I have set the paper size at US Letter
  3. I have set the "size" to 5 x 7 in custom. Because I don't want a borderless print. I have selected print to scale. The photo, once printed is set off to the left by about 1/3 of an inch toward the left.

May 10, 2020 8:38 AM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad, thank you for your helpful responses. I'm not clear in what I'm asking.

I'm not trying to print a borderless image on 8.5 x11. I'm trying to print a 5 x 7 image print on 8.5 x11. Or for that matter I'm trying to print 8.5 x 11.

My problem challenge is that I'm trying to print any size of image on appropriate sized paper with the margins being symmetrical.

No matter how I set the ratio, and the custom settings, the image prints and the borders or margins are not equal either width wise and or length wise.

At one time, I had no problem with this. Now I can't seem to replicate my former successes.

Again, thanks for your help.

Photos 4. Mojave. Canon Pro 100 printer

How do you get Apple Photos margins right when printing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.