Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Where has the Print option gone in Pages for iPad

Since a recent update Pages for iPad (version 12.2.1) the ability to print a Document has disappeared. Checking in Help it indicates tapping the three dots will open the menu containing Print. It doesn’t. All that is there is Find : Presenter Mode : Settings : Help.

Even when Editing a document there is no Print command available in the iPad version of this App. There is no option to Send Copy to the printer either.

Whereas iPhone’s version offers the full bouquet of options under the three dots menu, namely Document Options : Export : Print : Screen View : Presenter Mode : View Options : Find : Settings : Help

How can I print a document using Pages on iPad please?

Is this a bug that needs fixing?

The printer works well with my iPad and will print Emails and Notes without any issues.

iPad Pro 12.9 (4th Generation)

iOS 16.1.1

This is beyond frustrating!

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 9:09 PM

I have no print button on my ipad

Similar questions

15 replies

Mar 16, 2023 1:39 PM in response to wendy_is

It is driving me mad the reason I like Pages is you can format the writing and insert pictures. Unlike the Documents app, in Pages you can resize several pictures to fit the page.

In documents one picture fills the page and nothing you can do to make it smaller.

UT IT WILL NOT PRINT ---FILE TYPE NOT SUPPORTED--RUINS THE WHOLE APPLICATION IF YOU CANNOT PRINT IT, RIDICULOUSLY STUPID.

Mar 16, 2023 3:50 PM in response to Vwindust

If you mean the Google Documents App, you can adjust the size of an inserted image, tap the three dots to open the side menu, toggle Print Layout to “on” then you can resize or rotate an image. I have had no problem printing from there.

Are you trying to print a document in Pages or Google Docs? That should print ok mmmm

Where has the Print option gone in Pages for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.