Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing in color from iphone13

I am having trouble with changing my print color option on my iphone 13. My computer can print in color, so the printer is ok. I have been printing from my phone for 2 years in color, but changed it to blk and white one time and can't get it back the color option. HELP. I've tried everything. Thank you.

'

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2023 3:16 PM

I too have a hp printer that no longer allows me to print in color. The presets for color are gone on my iPhone and my iPad. I can only print in black and white or black and white draft.

25 replies

Nov 10, 2023 5:25 PM in response to kathyfrombasingstoke

Oh my gosh, kathyfrombasingstoke! Thank you! That FIXED IT. How did you ever figure that out? I did what you showed to do, got the color option (yay), but then my iPhone couldn't find the printer. So I turned off the printer. Turned off my WiFi on my phone. Turned the printer back on. Turned the WiFi back on. And PRINTED IN COLOR!!! Woohoo!

Feb 11, 2024 12:53 PM in response to improvebrain

Same issue here. I don’t print often, but, suddenly, I no longer have the option for color from my iPhone. None of the solutions offered here since the OP have worked for me. I never print from my iPad, yet, the color option was also gone from there when I tried to print just now. A test page printed directly from my HP DeskJet 2655, as well as a cleaning page, both are in color. And printing from my MacBook works correctly in color. I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled the HP Smart app, turned the printer off/on, turned my wi-fi off/on, turned my iPhone and iPad off/on. No luck. I wonder if something happened in an iOS update since the problem is only on my Mobile devices.

Nov 17, 2023 9:28 AM in response to improvebrain

May be a bit late to the party, but I experience exactly the same as everyone else. From my iPad.

no option to print in colour, just Black and White and Black and white draft.

i tried everything except restarting my iPad which I did and voila! It came back.

shut down iPad wait 10 secs then restart.

by the way this seems to happen if at some point you switched to single cartridge use to be able to print from just the B&W cartridge.

Jan 11, 2023 9:57 AM in response to alesha201

Ok, I think I found out what I did… click ….click on the hp smart icon. It should be colored tiles. Click on shortcuts, then color, then add shortcut. You can figure it out from there. When you’re trying to print a photo, make sure you use hp smart, not print. It will show blk and wht when you choose your printer, but will print color….at least mine did. Hope this helps. Shouldn’t have to be this hard!

Dec 30, 2022 12:15 PM in response to improvebrain

Hi

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! Which app are you using? We ask as the setting may need to be changed there. To use AirPrint, these are the steps:

1. Open the app that you want to print from.
2. To find the print option, tap the app’s Share button  or  or the Actions button.
3. Scroll down and tap the Print button  or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.
4. Tap No Printer Selected and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer.
5. Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
6. Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Feb 3, 2023 9:02 AM in response to improvebrain

I am having the same issue with my iphone and ipad. I no longer have the choice in the printer options to select black and white or color in any of my word processing apps (pages, notability). It shows the default as black and white and I have no way to change the default setting that I know of. Until recently, this was not an issue for me. Was there a recent update with Apple that changed things. Everything works normal through any of our PCs.

I also no longer have the ability to select the range of pages I want to print from the printer setting. HELP

printing in color from iphone13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.