Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did the Find My icon show up in my menu bar on its own?

I was just watching YouTube and when I closed it, the iPad "Find My" icon showed up in the menu bar on its own. Has anybody else had this happen? It is not a main icon on my home screen because I have a folder where I store the apps I don't use. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 9, 2020 4:16 PM

3 replies

May 9, 2020 6:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank you for your reply. I have "Show Suggested and Recent Apps in Dock (under settings) and it was in fact, on. When I turn it off, my dock only shows the Settings" app and won't allow me to drag anything to it (the dock). I never use the Find My app so it was a surprise to see it there. I guess I will have to just leave it as such. Thank you , again.

May 10, 2020 7:37 AM in response to bigDopey1

I don't experience any problems with dragging any icons to the Dock. Try restarting your iPad and trying to drag another app in. In the image that you shared, the small vertical line you see to the right of the Settings app is what separates the Dock from the regular content and suggested/recent content. You should not have any issues adding icons to the Dock.

Why did the Find My icon show up in my menu bar on its own?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.