Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting error ‘Error in Application’

Dear Team,

From last 2 weeks, I am greeting an error popping up on my iPhone 11 screen - ‘Error in Application’

Its really irritating as it’s coming very frequently, around 2 times in a minute.

I have uninstalled all my applications that I have installed in last 30 days.

still facing same issue.

Request you guys to please help me to get it resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 9, 2020 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 5:25 PM

Hello Paddy4321, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing an "Error in application" message appearing on your iPhone frequently. 

Good thinking in uninstalling apps which you had installed over the last month. With the error still occurring I would work through these steps:

1 - Quit all apps which have been opened on your iPhone with these steps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

2 - Restart your iPhone

3 - Try not to use your iPhone (unless necessary) over the next hour to see if the error reoccurs. If the error reoccurs without any use of your iPhone, Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

4 - If the error has not reoccurred, being using your iPhone one app at a time. As soon as the error appears, make a note of which app you opened last. You'll then want to uninstall that app. Continue using your iPhone and see if the error returns. 

5 -  If the error does not return after removing the app, you can then try reinstalling the app. If the error returns after you have reinstalled the app, you'll want to contact that app developer for more assistance: How to contact an app developer

All the best.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 5:25 PM in response to Paddy4321

Hello Paddy4321, 

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing an "Error in application" message appearing on your iPhone frequently. 

Good thinking in uninstalling apps which you had installed over the last month. With the error still occurring I would work through these steps:

1 - Quit all apps which have been opened on your iPhone with these steps: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

2 - Restart your iPhone

3 - Try not to use your iPhone (unless necessary) over the next hour to see if the error reoccurs. If the error reoccurs without any use of your iPhone, Contact Apple Support for more assistance.

4 - If the error has not reoccurred, being using your iPhone one app at a time. As soon as the error appears, make a note of which app you opened last. You'll then want to uninstall that app. Continue using your iPhone and see if the error returns. 

5 -  If the error does not return after removing the app, you can then try reinstalling the app. If the error returns after you have reinstalled the app, you'll want to contact that app developer for more assistance: How to contact an app developer

All the best.

Getting error ‘Error in Application’

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.