Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime live pictures won’t save

I have the Iphone 8 and every other time when I go to take Facetime live pictures it saves, but ever since yesterday they haven’t been saving anywhere on my device. I’ve tried turning the option off and back on in settings and it still doesn’t work. What do I do?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 3:18 AM

With such little information provided it is difficult to gauge the problem that you are encountering.

• Have you saved live photos during FaceTime?
  • Have you looked under live photos album?

To save FaceTime Live Photos, all participants need iOS 12.1.4 or later, or iPadOS. Not all features of FaceTime Live Photos are available with earlier versions of iOS. FaceTime Live Photos doesn’t work with iOS 11.

• To take a FaceTime Live Photo, first make sure FaceTime Live Photos is turned on in Settings  > FaceTime, then do one of the following:
  • On a call with one other person: Tap .
  • On a Group FaceTime call: Tap the tile of the person you want to photograph, tap , then tap .

You both receive a notification that the photo was taken, and the Live Photo is saved in your Photos app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 3:18 AM in response to jademtrout

With such little information provided it is difficult to gauge the problem that you are encountering.

• Have you saved live photos during FaceTime?
  • Have you looked under live photos album?

To save FaceTime Live Photos, all participants need iOS 12.1.4 or later, or iPadOS. Not all features of FaceTime Live Photos are available with earlier versions of iOS. FaceTime Live Photos doesn’t work with iOS 11.

• To take a FaceTime Live Photo, first make sure FaceTime Live Photos is turned on in Settings  > FaceTime, then do one of the following:
  • On a call with one other person: Tap .
  • On a Group FaceTime call: Tap the tile of the person you want to photograph, tap , then tap .

You both receive a notification that the photo was taken, and the Live Photo is saved in your Photos app.

facetime live pictures won’t save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.