Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Service Battery

Hello,

According to apple support centre page, the maximum batter cycle count is 1000 (my model MacBook Air 2017). My current batter cycle is 559 and it indicates 'service battery'. I am really wondering about this and somehow, it is irritating to me. I live in Bangladesh but bought this product in Germany. I don't think in Bangladesh, we have any authorised apple centre. Anyway, any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Posted on May 10, 2020 4:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 4:40 PM

Don't worry about the Cycle Count as an indicator of health as it depends on how you use the laptop. If the Battery condition is "Service Battery" this means the battery has developed an internal fault and needs to be replaced. I highly recommend having Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider replace the battery since the quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries is extremely poor.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 4:40 PM in response to khondokar176

Don't worry about the Cycle Count as an indicator of health as it depends on how you use the laptop. If the Battery condition is "Service Battery" this means the battery has developed an internal fault and needs to be replaced. I highly recommend having Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider replace the battery since the quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries is extremely poor.

Service Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.