Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant get into internet recovery mode.

I have this funky old pre owned 2008 mac pro, and im trying to get into internet recovery mode, but i cant.

Currently this mac powers OS X El Captain. Every time i turn the mac on it starts up in recovery, and i cant install mac os as it says "this item is unavailable". I have the recovery hd drive but it wont show up in my drives, i have 5 spare drives and wish to use 1 but they are the ones that say the item is unavailable. Im not too sure if this is a big issue but im using a wireless keyboard and/or my microsoft keyboard to try to get to intermet recovery. Obviously ive not set the keyboards up to sync but they type fine. I press the said keys command alt and r and still nothing happens but the apple logo and the standard loading screen for utilities etc. Ive looked everywhere and tried everything, yet cant seem to find a solution. Maybe someone can walk me through it? Oh and all the other drives are completely empty by the way. (Apart from recovery hd).

Mac Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 10, 2020 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 11:49 AM

Hello,

You may need to prepare a macOS installation disk using another Macintosh.

How to upgrade to macOS 10.11 El Capitan - Apple Support

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

I cant get into internet recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.