Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

Why can i not download movies on my apple tv so i can us it places i don't have internet? I own 2 and just realized they are useless if you can download anything why do they come in 2 gb sizes if you cant even download things you have purchased or rented can i get my money back cuz thats dumbest thing ever.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 8:32 AM

The Apple TV is a streaming only device and is marketed as such. The storage on the current models is only for apps. All set top boxes work in the same fashion. It also requires internet to properly function, which is designated on the box and product page. If someone wants to take it elsewhere they are free to load content onto their laptop, iPhone, iPad and use airplay to stream to ATV.

This is a user forum so no one here works for Apple.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 8:32 AM in response to Berryfarm18

The Apple TV is a streaming only device and is marketed as such. The storage on the current models is only for apps. All set top boxes work in the same fashion. It also requires internet to properly function, which is designated on the box and product page. If someone wants to take it elsewhere they are free to load content onto their laptop, iPhone, iPad and use airplay to stream to ATV.

This is a user forum so no one here works for Apple.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.