Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find an app on my iPhone

Hi I can’t find an app on my iPhone?

I know I can ask Siri to open it or go to the App Store and have them open it but I want to know where I can push the button to open the app

I appreciate that this appears to be a basic question. But I can’t find any help that says that application is on second home screen or something. I need directions on how to find it on theScreen?

Posted on May 10, 2020 9:01 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2020 11:04 AM in response to Wise_Mouse

I’ve tried what you suggested but when I close the app I’m back to someplace on my home screen so it doesn’t tell me which home screen it is on. I happen to have four Home screens. This is why I was mentioning I think it’s a very basic thing because I’m obviously missing something. Because I can’t find any way of finding out which of my for home screens it’s on. I know if it’s in a folder it’ll give me a folder name but it still won’t tell me where that folder is.

I am I missing something is there a way to find or to highlight or something to indicate which home screen it’s on. If it’s in a folder is there anyway to show which page of the home screen that folder is in?

May 10, 2020 9:13 AM in response to Why so hard to sync

If you have multiple folders and want to know where an App is placed, in which folder, then look at the pic below.

If there are no folders then arrange them alphabetically, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home Screen Layout. Note: If you have any folder, it will be removed.

All default apps will be on Page 1 and the rest will be arranged alphabetically.

how to find an app on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.