Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder freezes after airdropping to MacBook Pro

For some reason whenever I air drop to my MacBook Pro, Finder seems to freeze for about 30 seconds after a file is received (with the spinning beachball)

I haven't found anyone else online with this same problem, but my girlfriend on her brand new MacBook Air has the exact issue.

I timed sending a 4 KB image from my iPhone 7 to my Mac and it took about 45 seconds; ~15s for the phone to send, and ~30s of not being able to use Finder at all

Any help would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 10, 2020 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 4:10 PM

sweatersjpg wrote:

For some reason whenever I air drop to my MacBook Pro, Finder seems to freeze for about 30 seconds after a file is received (with the spinning beachball)
I haven't found anyone else online with this same problem, but my girlfriend on her brand new MacBook Air has the exact issue.

I timed sending a 4 KB image from my iPhone 7 to my Mac and it took about 45 seconds; ~15s for the phone to send, and ~30s of not being able to use Finder at all

hmmm...

Interesting first I remember hearing this, and two Macs(?)— why a brand new machine.(?)

"Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

One common denominator here is the is the Wifi Network.

— I try some other location—get on a different Wifi Network to test

—I would be tempted to shut off wifi and test.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2020 4:10 PM in response to sweatersjpg

sweatersjpg wrote:

hmmm...

Interesting first I remember hearing this, and two Macs(?)— why a brand new machine.(?)

"Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on."

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

One common denominator here is the is the Wifi Network.

— I try some other location—get on a different Wifi Network to test

—I would be tempted to shut off wifi and test.

Finder freezes after airdropping to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.