Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not downloading on ipad

I have a new iPad but whenever I try to download the Apple TV app on the App Store, it populated an error message saying that restrictions are enable and I have to turn them off, which I’ve already had. It works perfectly on ,y iPhone so I have no idea what the problem really is. Ideas? Has anyone had the same issue?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 10, 2020 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 5:03 AM

I am a bit puzzled about why you have to download the Apple TV app at all, as that should be a standard install for iPadOS 13. Regardless, if it was removed, then it is available for re-download from the App Store.

Verify you current restrictions settings at Settings﹥Screen Time﹥Content & Privacy Restrictions﹥

﹥Content & Privacy Restrictions﹥Off — would not have any restrictions at all.

If it is turned On, then details can be specified on what is and isn’t available.

For further assistance, make use of the complementary support for new devices, and contact the Support staff through the site or directly by phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 5:03 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I am a bit puzzled about why you have to download the Apple TV app at all, as that should be a standard install for iPadOS 13. Regardless, if it was removed, then it is available for re-download from the App Store.

Verify you current restrictions settings at Settings﹥Screen Time﹥Content & Privacy Restrictions﹥

﹥Content & Privacy Restrictions﹥Off — would not have any restrictions at all.

If it is turned On, then details can be specified on what is and isn’t available.

For further assistance, make use of the complementary support for new devices, and contact the Support staff through the site or directly by phone.

Apple TV not downloading on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.