Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing on Apple TV

How can I use my iPhone to turn on home sharing for Apple TV ?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 10, 2020 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:54 AM

Hi Nick.

Turning on Home Sharing is something that needs to be done from a Mac or PC. While you can share items from your iPhone, the function has to be enabled and disabled on a computer.

Thanks.

Have a great day!

3 replies

May 11, 2020 2:56 PM in response to NickDu1

Hey Nick.

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! Thanks for your question about Home Sharing and getting it set up. I'd be glad to see how I can help.

Do you already use Home Sharing and just want items to share across from your iPhone to your Apple TV, or are you initially trying to get it set up? That's an important distinction as to initially set up Home Sharing, you'll need either a Mac or a PC. You can check out the steps to set up Home Sharing and how to use it with all your devices in Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices.

Hope that helps!

Take care.

May 11, 2020 4:56 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for that ! I set up home sharing on my iMac but watch Apple TV on my smart TV at the other end of the house. When I switch on Apple TV it asks me to turn on home sharing which is a nuisance because it have to walk to the study to do it on iTunes. What is also annoying is that the computer indicates that home sharing is on so I have to turn it off then on again 🤨. I was hoping to find a way of doing that on my iPhone but I can’t find iTunes on my iPhone, only Apple Music 😫. Cheers, Nick

Home sharing on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.