Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting music from iPad

If I delete all the Apple Music on my iPad will it automatically delete the music from my iTunes library? The music on my iPad (that I didn't download) is taking up WAY too much space and I never use it.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 11, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 9:20 AM

I think I solved it, Jameson. I checked the iPad and discovered it had been syncing with an older computer and had not been syncing with the one I use now. I deleted all the music on it and it did not affect my library on the computer. Thanks again.

3 replies

May 12, 2020 9:06 AM in response to RachaelB51

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, RachaelB51!

I understand you want to delete music from your iPad, but wondering if it will also delete it from your iTunes library. I'd be happy to provide information to help you understand what will happen.

If this music is content synced with Apple Music, the songs will delete from any device signed in with that Apple ID.

However, if that music is just synced while connected to your computer, then deleting it from the iPad will have no effect on your computer.

I hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

Deleting music from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.