Apple music

I need to free up space on my iPad

if I delete my music from the IPad will it still be available on my phone

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 12:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2023 3:55 AM

If you have Apple Music subscription most of your purchases and library are accessible from the cloud so you should have most of your music accessible on all your devices. You can test it now by checking to see if the songs you are concerned about are already appearing on your iPhone. If so then you should be okay to remove songs you may have downloaded to the iPad.

Be aware that if you delete the songs from your iPad, then of course you won't be able to play the songs if you don't have an internet connection to stream the song from Apple Music. You can always download a selection of songs or playlists again if you are going on a trip and won't have access to the Internet (i.e. want some music to listen to on an airplane).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2023 3:55 AM in response to Patricosaddi

If you have Apple Music subscription most of your purchases and library are accessible from the cloud so you should have most of your music accessible on all your devices. You can test it now by checking to see if the songs you are concerned about are already appearing on your iPhone. If so then you should be okay to remove songs you may have downloaded to the iPad.

Be aware that if you delete the songs from your iPad, then of course you won't be able to play the songs if you don't have an internet connection to stream the song from Apple Music. You can always download a selection of songs or playlists again if you are going on a trip and won't have access to the Internet (i.e. want some music to listen to on an airplane).

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.