Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download photos from iCloud on Windows 10

I have reinstalled iCloud on my Windows 10 PC through the Windows Store but I can't download photos from iCloud. On iCloud settings, when I click "Options" next to photos, I can only either check on "iCloud Photos" or "My Shared Albums" (see image). How can I activate the download option on my PC?

Side note: I had installed an old version of the iCloud app with which I could download photos, but I can't do it anymore with this update.

Thanks in advance

Posted on May 11, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:08 PM

I've seen other reports here about the same change in the Photos Options window in iCloud for Windows but I'm not sure what the reason is. Have you tried just using Windows File Explorer as described below from Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos

New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photos will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Download photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to download and click Download.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 1:08 PM in response to AndRemy

I've seen other reports here about the same change in the Photos Options window in iCloud for Windows but I'm not sure what the reason is. Have you tried just using Windows File Explorer as described below from Set up and use iCloud Photos on your Windows PC - Apple Support

Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos

New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photos will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year when you follow these steps:

1. Open a File Explorer window.
  2. Under Favorites, click iCloud Photos.
  3. Click Download photos and videos.
  4. Choose the photos and videos you want to download and click Download.

Jun 23, 2020 3:49 AM in response to FoxFifth

I have exactly the same issue - when I use the icloud for windows app I don't have an option to download photos. The app install hasn't created a file explorer folder for icloud photos, just for any shared albums. I can view all of my photos through icloud on the web but not through the app. If anyone has a solution, please help as it's really frustrating me now

Can't download photos from iCloud on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.