Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My music is playing up on my iphone.

So this may have happened after the Recent upgrade of IOS.13.4. My music on my iPhone doesn’t want to play from my Library, but will play on my iPad. Also when I go into Search for music in Apple Music it comes up with a message : “This Apple ID is only valid for use in the UK Store”, which is strange as. the region is UK but is fine on my iPad.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 3:04 PM

Hey there JulietteN65,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Apple Music as expected on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

I know you mentioned recently updating iOS. Just to be sure, the latest version is 13.4.1, not 13.4. If you haven’t already, install the latest update and try again.

If that doesn’t help, force close the Music app on your iPhone and then go to Settings > Music and turn off Sync Library and Show Apple Music. Just as a heads up, that last step will remove any songs you’ve downloaded to your iPhone and you’ll need to download them again. From there, go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes & App Stores and tap on your Apple ID, then Sign Out. After successfully signing out, delete the Music app and restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

Sign back into iTunes & App Store settings, download the Music app, and turn on Sync Library and Show Apple Music. Try using your Music app and see if the issue is resolved.

Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 3:04 PM in response to JulietteN65

Hey there JulietteN65,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using Apple Music as expected on your iPhone. I’ll be happy to help.

I know you mentioned recently updating iOS. Just to be sure, the latest version is 13.4.1, not 13.4. If you haven’t already, install the latest update and try again.

If that doesn’t help, force close the Music app on your iPhone and then go to Settings > Music and turn off Sync Library and Show Apple Music. Just as a heads up, that last step will remove any songs you’ve downloaded to your iPhone and you’ll need to download them again. From there, go to Settings > Your Name > iTunes & App Stores and tap on your Apple ID, then Sign Out. After successfully signing out, delete the Music app and restart your iPhone:

Restart your iPhone

Sign back into iTunes & App Store settings, download the Music app, and turn on Sync Library and Show Apple Music. Try using your Music app and see if the issue is resolved.

Regards.

My music is playing up on my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.