Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WPA2 Password for MacBook Air (suddenly requires it - can't find anywhere)

Hi I've seen this question posted elsewhere but not with a solution that works. Help much appreciated as, like many people, I am trying to work from home at the moment!

My mac has worked on the wifi for weeks but suddenly requires a WPA2 password, which is not written on the box and the landlord doesn't know. Other devices are connected so it is working. The mac also asked for a WPA2 password for my neighbour's wifi, but I was able to get around this by putting the normal access password in on my iphone and then sharing it to my mac.

Is there please anyway of just using the normal password again like other devices? I have tried turning everything on and off again numerous times and have also run a diagnostic via neighbour's wifi, in case that's helpful.

It's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Running Catalina 10.15.4

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 12, 2020 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 4:16 PM

Hello TruantPen.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to connect to Wi-Fi unless using the WPA2 password. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

I also recommend try the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 4:16 PM in response to TruantPen

Hello TruantPen.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you’re unable to connect to Wi-Fi unless using the WPA2 password. I’m happy to help.

Please try the steps here: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

I also recommend try the steps here: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Let me know the results.

Take care.

WPA2 Password for MacBook Air (suddenly requires it - can't find anywhere)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.