Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inaccurate backup size.

I am forever having difficulties backing up my phone to my iCloud (free 5GB). I have deleted all existing backups, so my iCloud is empty. The only things that I am attempting to backup are contacts, calendar, and notes. Nothing else is set to backup to iCloud. Yet I’m being told that it will take over 5 gigs of space to backup those three things. There is no way that info would take 1 gig of space much less 5. Any advice?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:32 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

May 12, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Kpf5097

Your notes.... Do they have a lot of attachments? Etc. Do you have attachments in contacts?

Also, how much storage and how many apps do you have on your iPhone? How old is your phone as how many years do you have used it? This might create a lot of random data that might take a lot of space. Try to connect iPhone to a computer and see if there is a lot of data in the folder structure. Also if the phone has been in use for a long time, or it has an old backup loaded onto it, consider restoring it as a new iPhone.

Inaccurate backup size.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.