Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Wrong user ID

I transferred all my ‘stuff’ from my old MacBook Air to my shiny new one yesterday. Thought I’d used only my details although my son had a login on the old one. Today I tried to update windows on new MacBook and the AppStore is registered with my sons Apple ID! Don’t know how this happened but really need it to be my ID.....how do I change this please?

MacBook Air

Posted on May 12, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 7:31 AM

If that update is showing your son's ID, the purchases is tied to his ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by his ID and download them using the your ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by your current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

If this isn't an update problem, sign out of his ID in the App Store/iTunes and then sign in with your ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Yogi108UK

If that update is showing your son's ID, the purchases is tied to his ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by his ID and download them using the your ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by your current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Or you can try to set up Family Sharing  between the IDs to keep access to your purchases.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.        

If this isn't an update problem, sign out of his ID in the App Store/iTunes and then sign in with your ID.

New Mac Wrong user ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.